Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Topic Approved For Thesis

Ok so I finally was able to get the topic for my Thesis paper submitted to my advisor Professor Frank Calandruccio (Prof. C.) for approval.


Localized Direct Response: Modern Scale & Impact


I want to document the growth and migration from the older traditional DR marketing to the more modern interactive tactics. The focus will be on the strategies and tactics that generate response in a small “localized” area (Driving Distance in most cases.)


For example one chapter will cover the change Yellow Page advertising underwent from Print Only (when they were the only choice) to the modern Internet Yellow Pages (IYP) where they offer all the traditional services plus things like Click To Call, Mobil Based Messaging, etc.

All of that is only a small part of the overall paper which will cover other topics like geo-targeting, alternative marketing and more…

So long story short I got the Green Light!

Now I will start the 2 to 3 page abstract.

This will be a long ongoing topic for sure!

Ciao

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job! Congrats on step 1. Yes, it is a long road ahead on this one.

jal said...

Great. I have not narrowed mine down yet to one. I've got 5 that keep bouncing around.

But, this is clearly a passion for you so I think it is right.

How many iterations did you go through?

Walter Loco's Schupnik said...

Hey Dan:

Good topic for the paper, I want to know how it ends!!

Walter

Coaching you on ... said...

Dan -- Some helpful hints after writing my own thesis, and now mentoring several students over the last few semesters:

1. Stick to your timeline
2. Stick to your outline
3. Get your family and friends to help -- have them read, offering assistance on grammar, editing and even style
4. Use Mercy College's online library and identify some very credible and valuable sources early
5. Don't be afraid to ask questions along the way
6. Take a break from time to time from writing and clarity will only be greater.

-- Prof. Cheryl Fabrizi

P.S. Good job on setting up your blog!